-

Monday, August 22, 2011

thrift rack


(1024x768)

A naked Adam may have fallen upon an equally naked Eve without the need of props.  But in this day of curiously unerotic sexual explicitness and demystifying psychological close-ups, we are in desperate need of the feminine wiles that once characterized style icons like Marlene Dietrich, Babe Paley, and Jackie O.  (I think a hat qualifies, Ladies...)

It isn't what I do, but how I do it.  It isn't what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it. (Mae West)

The right hat may also enliven our imagination of the past....an old-fashioned cloche, a picture hat, or a toque trimmed with a pouf of polka-dotted veiling is just enough to make us feel as if we were living in another, romantic age.











tea for two
prez with king cole

No comments: